Effective Date: 1st January, 2023
Why do we even store any information to begin with?
Certain pieces of information make it easier to perform administrative services such as banning accounts who have violated rules (IP ban when necessary, etc). All information we store and how it is used will be listed below. Do note that this only applies to OUR live server linked to on the Releases page. We claim no responsibility for the use of your data by other instances.
What do we store?
- IP Addresses: This is necessary for accurate functionality of the lobby interface as well as ip bans.
- Birthday: This is just part of the client's built-in registration interface and is not currently used for anything.
- Sign-up date: Lets us keep track of how long your account has existed for accurate in-game functionality such as Hans reporting this information to you.
- In-game communications: Public, Private and Clan chat - this is so we can effectively moderate chat interactions between players. This is only looked at when we have good reason (such as an abuse report submitted for a given player).
- In-game trades: Any trades between players, including drop trading, are logged in order to enable effective moderation.
- In-game commands: Any commands used are logged in order to enable effective moderation.
- Miscellaneous Ingame Interactions: There are some other misc interactions such as PVP and wealth gain that are also logged to enable effective moderation.
Who has access to this stored data?
Only select members of 2009Scape staff have access to the data. Currently, this includes ryannathans and Ceikry.
What if I dont want this information stored?
Let us know, we will be glad to remove what of your data we can from the database. If you want all of it gone though, we will have to delete your account in order to do that.
Do you sell any of this information?
Absolutely not, we do not make money in any way, shape, or form from this project. It is purely a labor of love.