01-Feb-2021 - Introducing a new layer of bots
Runescape's economy was always based on bots.
Since Runescape Classic, bots have been a part of the game (heck, they're even the
reason Runescape Classic was played for so long!). With the recent addition of bot
worlds over at OpenRSC (another great Runescape project), we've decided to take the
same step forwards.
We've always had bots in the game populating the GE, keeping the game feeling alive,
so much so that when we removed them players rioted in Falador. But instead of
playing a cat and mouse game (with some of our own developers, even), we decided to
unlock them for all; going forwards, everyone can bot.
But I worked so hard!!
Fear not! Players who bot, even once will be permanently removed from the default
hiscores, and we're looking at other ways of tagging them too. Authentic accounts
will forever be respected and honored, just as they were before. Think twice
before enabling this on your main!
To start botting, type
in-game to see a list of scripts. Have a script you'd like to
Fork the project, write it up and submit a PR! Also, please note more scripts are
planned to be added in the future, this is mostly just the groundwork.
Since we just had an update a few days ago, we've just got a few patch notes for ya
Server now has better start/stop functionality
- ::update will actually completely end the server process now so updating
easier and smoother than ever
- There is also no longer a possibility for players
to log in "too early" as the networking doesn't get started until the server
completely up and running!
- The server now makes use of RSA encryption
- Server has an all-new system for the grand exchange that attempts to address
several major issues
- Stats now drain/restore properly once again
- Super Energy potions now restore the correct amount of run energy
- Brine Sabre now has the proper animations and a handled special attack
- Arrows and bolts are no longer allowed on Entrana
- Warrior woman spawns added to varrock castle
- Fixed the hard leather crafting interface
- Fixed a bug with lost tribe that prevented advancing past Reldo
- Fixed a bug where Sigmund could reset Lost Tribe progress
Hope you enjoyed this update, and we'll see you at the next step! ❤️
Red Bracket - Site Maintainer
Ceikry - Content Developer